Monday, July 26, 2010

Still running...

Today I took a day off after yesterdays trail run up along Wildwood Trail.

This week kicks off my training for my second 50k. I'm definitely feeling stronger and am excited to see how I feel in the coming 8-10 weeks. I'm definitely going to keep my focus on diet and continue eating lots of extra fruits and protein. My legs are definitely getting stronger. I'm starting to see them take on a new shape as well. That's kinda cool.

In 6 days I'm heading to the Outdoor Retailer show in Salt Lake City. It'll be great to run at that higher altitude of about 4400 ft. Always good for a cardio buster. The show is one of my favorites if you enjoy seeing all the new stuff from Columbia, North Face, Swiftwick Socks, Patagonia, Exoffico, Horny Toad, KEEN, Vibram and others. I love getting great deals on some basics while also getting the additional freebies from friends. Socks are some of my favorite give-a-ways.

I really hope to come home with a pair of Vibram Five Fingers to start running in and help strengthen my stride and ligaments. That's the one item I really want to check out.

I feel so lucky to be working in such cool industries, live in Portland and have such wonderful support from friends, my partner and family. I am a lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment