Saturday, August 14, 2010

NYIGF

I'm sitting in a Starbucks near my hotel - as I just arrived off of a red-eye to get in a cab where the driver would get pulled over for not having his easy pass and drivers license. What professional taxi driver would leave the house with not only one but both? It's like me showing up to a trade show without my badge or business cards. I just chalk it up to another NY minute. It simply is an amazing city and I'm looking forward to running in Central Park, going to a few museums and hanging out with my showmies. (A term we all coined years ago - as we all met at trade shows)

This is the first Saturday in almost 6 years where I have time to enjoy the city and take advantage of not having to set up our booth. (Thank you Paul!) It is such an absolute treat to be able to just unpack, take a leisurely run and then enjoy what the city has to offer!

I think this city on a day like that offers up magical moments, (ie: this morning) great food and experiences like no other. Tomorrow the gift show kicks off and I'll be there with bells on.

For today - I'll be sightseeing and staying completely present to take in what ever the city offers up.

Wish me luck on my NY adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment