Thursday, October 28, 2010

A year on the road...

Finally, the last flight has been flown. My work year on the road is over and I've got the miles to prove that it was a long, happy year. Sales are good and it seems as if the holiday season is underway. My reps are working hard on and off the road. The gift shows are a distant memory and fall is here. This year has been a challenging one; growing our rep groups while keeping them motivated, learning how to eat well and run all over the country, and creating new avenues to sell too. The recession is almost over and while we thought our retailers would bounce back earlier - we are now almost to 2011 and there seems to finally be a parting of the seas. Orders are being written and bills are being paid. Some have closed their doors while others expand. It's that yin and yang of business that keeps it exciting for me.

This year on the road has also had some great stuff go on too; like our journey to move to Portland, OR, the company continues to create cool, new products, and we've brought in some exciting new people to work with us in creating a synergy across the country. In my personal pursuits; I continue to educate myself in the outdoor and social media industry while marrying up both passions to speak at trade shows and regional events. I look forward to more of that in the upcoming year.

Taking time to read, reflect and run are what I'm looking forward to in the coming months while winding down the year. I continue to enjoy meshing all that I love in this wonderful journey that is my life. Lucky me.

No comments:

Post a Comment